Friday, June 17, 2011

Let me catch you up to speed.

As of today, June 17th, 2011, I've known that I'm going to be a 2nd grade teacher for exactly 11 days. Before this, I thought that I would be an Assistant Teacher to a 2nd grade classroom. Before THAT, I thought that I'd be an "all grades" teacher in San Lucas, Guatemala. BIG DIFFERENCE HUH?
Here's a picture of the place I THOUGHT I'd be spending the next...forever? part of my life:


This is what happened, I went there, fell in L O V E and wanted to never come back. I settled for coming back and getting a degree, then began the plans to head back in June, start my teaching, and love it for the rest of my life. INSTEAD the Lord said, "Betsy, you're being selfish. WAIT for my timing. OBEY and have PEACE about where I am going to put you for the next year."
If this wasn't the hardest thing for me to ever accept, I have no idea what is. I was practically HANDED a job, (Obviously, the Lord saying, "ah-hem!"), and given a place to live (thanks mom!) FO-FREE.

Now, I've been given MY OWN CLASSROOM. Every teacher's dream. We LIVE for the day we have some little nuggets of our own to teach, guide, and love for 8 hours a day! I am getting PUMPED about this opportunity, and slowly (but surely) starting to get organized.

HERE is the school that I'll be teaching starting August 15th.


As I get more organized, I will post pictures, lesson plans, and everything else teacher-y that you can imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment