Monday, June 20, 2011

Lesson Plannin'



So, for the last several weeks I've been planning different parts of my curriculum for the Fall. It would be a COMPLETE understatement if i said that I was just simply NERVOUS. I think my whole body quivers internally every time I open my teacher notebook. So far, I've "planned" aka outlined my reading and writing curriculums for the first two months of school, and am starting to work on math!
I'll tell you about my "Written Dialogue" Unit. This will be the FIRST unit I do for Writing and Reading in August.
We're going to first, define what quotation marks are. How to identify speech in a written story. We'll spend a lot of time identifying dialogue in several different kinds of stories as a class, and they will individually for homework. At the end of the unit, the students will write their own stories that use dialogue and will illustrate them. Then...drumroll...(my favorite part of the unit) the students will work in either groups of 3 or 4 to write a story that has dialogue for each member of the group, and will then act out the story for the whole class! Each student will have a speaking part. They will have to turn in their written story to me when they perform!

SO excited to write more plans, and fill up my journal with more and more ideas. Anything that y'all have to offer would be very much appreciated! (via e-mail, blog comment, or facebook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment